Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Come on get Crafty... (song inspired by House)






Since being on "modified" bedrest I haven't really been into doing anything except making myself miserable and depressed. All I really wanted was to work as much as I could until at least the 8th month of my pregnancy, run or walk on my treadmill everyday to stay fit and have at least "some what" of a good looking pregnant body like all of these other girls on facebook do. I get so jealous when I see a 20 weeks picture and I'm like dude, that's what I looked like in high school! Not so much! I just had a lot of expectations since all of my other pregnancies were "awesomely perfect". I mean yeah the nautia comes here and there and the headaches once in awhile were fine for me! Unlike my really good friend who keeps "loosing it" and she's 16 weeks along. Poor thang!!!
So this morning I put all my blues away and wanted to "GET CRAFTY". Enough of sitting around all day, enough letting Sierra play on the computer and run the house for the whole day. I looked at a website and thought THIS would be perfect for Sierra. She likes the outdoors, she likes to paint and heaven knows I hate letting her play with paint. She's a disaster! But I trusted her and my gosh she had the best time! I didn't have a paintbrush so I took an old sponge (thinking about it, I have NO clue what is on that sponge) and some old acrylic paint and just let her go at it and paint some rocks. One was not enough so I went outside and got two more. We have about a million more to play with so on another rainy day we may do 50 and have a very colorful patio decor! ;) My grandmother also suggested awhile back that it would be fun to make an easter bunny so I found some glue sticks, a paper plate, cotton balls and stickers. She had a blast doing that too.
Now that it is done, I think I lost all my mojo for the day and have been again letting Sierra run the house and do whatever she wants. It was definitely fun while it lasted! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Loved seeing Sierra enjoy crafts. I sure enjoyed my time with you guys while out there. Miss you!
Mom