Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My view on Glee...

This is probably the MOST random blog I will ever write and the ONLY blog I will ever write about a television show. I am hardly EVER a critic of shows because most of the time I LOVE mostly anything I watch. I limit myself to what I watch. Days, House, American Idol and now being on bed rest the Joan and Melissa Rivers show. I know I'm totally lame with that one. There was one instint where I thought I would watch the show Glee. It was after the superbowl and I've heard so much hype about it and how people love the show. That's great! So I'm assuming it's about a bunch of highschoolers in the Glee club singing all kinds of fancy songs from this generation (am I correct?) Well, why are they singing about getting drunk and needing you now by Lady Antebellum? I must admit I really love that song but singing about them being drunk is a bit beyond my taste for a show especially in a highschool. Granted I bet probably 70% of kids in school the days drink, but to promote it in a television show is just to much for me. Therefore I haven't watched Glee again and probably never will. I know that is completley random but it's been on my mind and I want to know what you think. Are you ok with it?

3 comments:

Dustin and Nicki said...

I am going to second you on Glee Judy. I watched it twice and both shows left me with a bad taste. One was about them getting pregnant and one of the high schoolers having a pool cleaning business so he could sleep with all the moms...and some other things. I just remember feeling gross after, even with the awesome music and dancing. Now if I just hear a good song from Glee I watch that on YouTube, but I won't watch the show. It is sad how they can take such an amazing idea and fun things, like people want to see and surround it with sleeze.

TGS said...

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I heard how amazing it was and was annoyed at the trash it had on there. I thought it was just me being old.

J & M Squared said...

The only episode I watched was the Brittney Spears episode and it was pure trash! Totally turned me off. Now, I must admit I'm not always perfect in my television viewing, but something about expecting this to be a family show was what turned me off!