Monday, May 17, 2010

poem for my papa



Today I thought about you today I felt to say
Today I knew I missed you today you went away,
To live with Heavenly Father, to watch me as I live,
To teach my children how to love and care and teach them how to give.
Today I missed you as always when I cooked, and cleaned and played.
Today I thought about you each time I stopped and prayed.
Today I tried to make time fly as fast as it could be,
Today I was sad because you couldn't be with me.
Today I know you're up there smiling and telling me I'm doing just great.
Today I wish I could fish with you and you would help with putting on the bait.
You always did the dirty work and would always fix the boat. Even if it was sinking it would always come afloat. You helped me when you were healthy, you look so frail but so strong. Everytime you were working I would hear you hum a song. My memories of you are clear as clear as they can be. I just wish just for one more memory that you were here with me.
Today I closed my eyes, and saw your glowing face but then I have to remember you are in a special place. A place that is called Heaven, it's not so far above. I know that always and forever I will always feel your love.