Saturday, October 18, 2008

A day in the life of the crazy Stock Family!

Well, I want to start off and say thankyou for all of your thoughts of us through this chaotic week. Some may not know of the situation with Sierra. I wasn't going to write about it because I didn't want to have any pitty or have people worrying about us. I am still feeling like an awful mother and I can't seem to put myself at ease for leaving my babies alone in the bathtub. Sierra almost left this world on Tuesday night. She drowned in the tub and I luckily got her in the nick of time. She wasn't breathing but came to be after a few seconds. It was really awful for all of us. I don't know what I would do without her. I can't stop thinking of the what if's and why's. I've been trying to look to the Lord for comfort and can't seem to get what I'm looking for. I guess the only thing is that I'm telling this to my friends so they don't make the same mistake I made.
On a good note!!! We went and FINALLY got our family pictures done today. We have been meaning to do it for a long time. Today it seemed like it was the perfect day. Well, before we packed up and got in the car all heck broke loose. The boys were awful, Sierra was spitting food EVERYWHERE. Jake and I were biting our toungs and were not having a good feeling about getting the pictures done. Considering that last time it took 4 hours to get one family picture and it came out awful! As soon as we got there the boys and Sierra were angels. It took us less than 1 hour to get all the poses done and well it took me about 30 minutes to get all the pictures picked out. It was GREAT! I can't thank my kids enough for making me feel so good. This is what I enjoy most. I wish it could always be like this. We went to get ice cream and for a stroll in this little zoo which James and Jaren absolutely love. It was a day we all needed. Now I am heading for bed and hopefully will be able to wake up tomorrow because I am soooo overtired! :) THE END!!!!

2 comments:

Marcie Kump said...

I'm glad Sierra is okay. That is so scary...but don't feel guilty. It could have happened to anyone.

The pictures look great. I love yours' and Sierra's sweaters!

Lani said...

Judy! I'm so sorry! I've been behind on your blog lately and picked a really bad time to be a slacker friend. I can't even imagine how frightening it must have been for you. Keep seeking comfort from the Lord. He will help you feel at peace. I love you!