Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Day...

So... Today is my 14th year of being a member of the church. I guess I could say I have DEFINITELY had my ups and downs. Mostly I have ups though which I am very grateful for. I have been blessed to...1. Be a bit more healthier with my life. I have YET to drop the Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew but I have been lucky not to drink alcohol, smoke and do other bad things.2. Live a better lifestyle. I still love to wear sweats and t-shirts all the time and I HATE wearing dresses but most of the time I can dress according to what Heavenly Father would like me to wear.... I have learned somewhat to keep an orderly house and I do care about the appearance of my house.3. Learned the meaning of keeping a eternal family together... Ok so I had to learn the hard way on this one but I am grateful for the mistakes that have been made to learn from them. 4. Be sealed and married in the Logan Temple. 5. Raise my children to KNOW about Jesus Christ and the gospel of the true church. I have so much more that I need to learn so I can teach them but with the guidance of the Holy Ghost in my life I know when to tell them what they need to know.6. Meet sooo many people in this world and I am so grateful for their support and guidance they give to me. I appreciate them EVERYDAY. I am so grateful for the missionaries who taught me the gospel, my friends who MADE me go to church, my dad who introduced me to the church. There is so much more that I have been blessed with and I should be so much more grateful for. I am eternally happy at this moment though for the gift of prayer. I don't do it enough. Most of the time I pray to ask myself to pray and that's it. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am soooo blessed that eventhough I am NOT perfect I can hear and feel it at the most needed times of my life. I am so blessed to have one gift and a gift that only I can have. It is the gift of Jesus Christ. I know that we all have him in our lives but I have always felt I have my own. He loves me, needs me, and wants me to succeed in this life so I can return to him. He has forgiven me a numerous amount of times and I am in debt to him. I love him with all of my heart and I don't show it enough. I hope in time that he will know how much I am grateful for him and need him in my life.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was very touching... It reminds me of my own journey, although I'm only on my 4th year! You are amazing Judy and seems as if you are doing a wonderful job. Miss Ya!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

Who commented???

Brian Owens said...

Love you, Jude.

Jen

Our Family said...

Thanks for sharig your thoughts with us! That is awesome 14 yrs! We love you! Shirlene

Anonymous said...

A lovely testimoney.

Lani said...

Congrats, chica! I remember when you first started coming to the ward. I loved your fun, funky personality and was so glad you came into my life!