Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ok, so I went to the extreme this Easter!




So... Every Easter since I was probably about James's age I have asked for an Easter Bunny. Probably because I thought that he would really bring me eggs or something but we alllll know that only chickens lay eggs and so NOW I'll probably want a chicken. But today I went a bit crazy because while we were out at my moms house the kids LOVED the bunny that she had and loved chasing it and petting it. So... I bought one... I went to a few pet stores and NO one seemed to have any bunnies but then at the last stop we decided for the kids to stay in the car because it was becoming a pain to get all 3 in and out of the car. I went in and as soon as I saw them I ran out with a HUGE smile on my face. I think Jake wanted to drive off as fast as possible but these days he will do about anything to make me smile. So.... He brought the kids in and we had the best time looking at all the puppies, cats, birds, bunnies, etc.... The first one I liked but he just seemed to big for me. He was brown and white and was really cute but as soon as I picked up little Jumper he melted in my arms... I don't think I even put him down the whole time I was there. I just told Jake to pay and let's go. The kids were having such a fun time in the store though so we stayed for a bit and played with some other animals. It is fun having him in the house with us. We aren't sure where we are going to put him but probably somewhere safe so the kids don't let him out and do something horrific to the poor thing. We'll see how long it lasts but for now the only thing I'm worried about is Jake going out a bb gun and shooting it.... :)

5 comments:

Brian Owens said...

You should have just stayed at your mom's for another week and got the need for a bunny out of your system! :) Man, you are one brave woman! You always did love animals! I have heard that bunnies can make great pets--I hope this is true for you guys! He IS awfully cute! Why is Jake doing anything to make you smile lately? Are you alright?

Linda said...

The girls had bunnies with 4-H for about 3 years. We kept them outside under a tree... but we were in California. They loved them. I want to get chickens.. I thought maybe you got baby chicks...
Enjoy!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

IF we lived somewhere else we would TOTALLY have lots more bunnies and a lot more chicks running around. I am shocked at the fact Jake actually said yes to a bunny! Jumper is certainly very nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow, giving a whole new meaning to Easter bunny this year! I totally want to get the kids little chicks for Easter, mainly because I want the chickens for eggs. Sadly, Logan is not yet convinced, I'll have to work on him for next year!

Judy Lamont Stock said...

Krista I hate defending Logan on this one but truthfully you need SOOO much more for chickens. My mom has 50+ of them and see only gets 28 eggs a day. You also have to deal with foxes, rats, and cleaning up chicken poop. If you have a barn or a shed with a fenced in yard yeah I would do it but ohhhh it's a lot of work! I can't wait to have chickens though. They are pretty dang fun. Not a rooster though. They are vicious, awful creatures...