Wednesday, May 21, 2008

ADVICE NEEDED....

Ok, so less than a month to train for this triathlon that I paid $50 to do and I am having a physical breakdown. I really want to do this and am trying sooo dang hard to get ready for it. I read my friends blog and it gave some great tips for running marathons but I guess I just really need to feel at ease and gain some confindance knowing that I can do this. Getting my teeth pulled really is NOT helping either. I am totally loopy from the pain meds and am sooo tired and in pain. I know I'll get through it but am really counting on my "TRUE" Davenport friends to be there at the finish line to give me a pat on the butt! Ok, so maybe a high five will do!!!!

4 comments:

Lani said...

Wow! A Triathalon! That's awesome! Reid totally wants to do one of those someday. He's a hard-core runner and has done lots of marathons and other races, but never a triathalon. Have you checked out his blog? http://lifestrides.blogspot.com Good luck!

Mummy said...

Want advice from me I say have something/someone chasing ya. You're sure to run fast! Hehehe... And LOVE your Mother's Day picture! I think it's GREAT!!! Those are my favorite kinda pix. The sillier the better!

Our Family said...

I am doing nother tri this yr- I have taken a break with kids and all. But I would say the best is- if you have time, go biking then go running, or go swimming then go running. Or if you don't have time for tht try to do the swimming and bluid up, and running nd biking during the wk.

Kristin and Jason said...

Good for you Judy!! I know how you feel. I did a tri when Lydia was 7 months old. I started training at the beginging but then I kinda gave up on trainging. I never really trained after that. I did sometimes, whatever I felt like doing which wasn't a whole lot. But then I still did the race. I didn't do to hot, but i finished!!! It wasn't a bad a your thinking. Just take one thing at a time, and focus on it and you can make it. I went so slow on the bike, at the time I had no idea that i was so slow but then i looked back at my time, i think i ran faster than i bike. But that is ok. I finished and i think that is all that matters. I was dead at the end, Shrilene had to come back and run the last part with me, but I think that you should do it and I know that you can make it!!! Do go for it. It will make you stronger. If you have any question let me know. We did the sprint tri what are you doing?? I'm sure if i did it with no training so can you!!