Monday, August 25, 2008

Daylily Garden

A close up to our plantings of Daylilies. Unfortunately they are pretty much done blossoming...
The complete picture of the Daylilies James and I planted!
James feeling a bit sad that he didn't have anymore to plant... =(
Well, I am proud to say I am also taking on becoming a "Daylily Fanatic". As most of you know my family is pretty much "addicted" to Daylilies. Growing up I can remember telling my Mimi that I thought dirt was the grossest stuff and I "NEVER" wanted to plant flowers like the other 4 generations in my family. Now that I have my own home I am constantly dreaming and figuring out where to put daylilies and other fun little garden flowers for the kids to look at and plant. James helped me plant all of these Daylilies today and we had a blast. He kept calling them trees and said that they learned how to plant trees in school. He wanted to plant more but I told him that we had to take a trip out to Granna's house to get more and he said "Mom, that is sooo far far away to get flowers". He was up for going though! I forgot to take a picture of our little Blueberry tree we also planted but I will post that up soon.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love daylilies too. They are so easy to take care of and looks so beautiful. Next year you will have beautiful flowers to enjoy. :) Glad to see you are making your new house your home. :)

With lots of love!