Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mississippi Valley Fair and update on move

Judy, Stephanie, and Jessica
Judy
Picture of the end of the ride!

Alan Sexy Jackson!!! This picture actually looks a lot better when blown up!
Well, we are finally out of Davenport and into our new house in Montgomery IL. Although, I have to tell ya'll about my last day there. The walkthrough went well and Glenda was sad to see us go. How sad.... I want to thank the ladies in our church, thank you so much for all of the help with cleaning etc... It really meant a lot that you were there when I needed you most. My friend Stephanie wanted to meet up at the Mississippi Valley Fair with me and her other friend. We got there and of course who had to be playing that night but Alan Jackson. Ok, so I had to get a ticket to see him because it's my dream to see him and Garth Brooks on stage. I have never been so excited! So, I got a bunch of great pics and made friends with a bunch of tall people to take the pictures!!! Also, I decided to face my fears and go on a ride I never thought I would go on. I really didn't feel bad about spending the $$$ to do it either. Jake knows how much I hate tough rides and when I told him he was in complete shock. He thought I was pretty cool for doing it though. So, that my friends is how I spent my last day in Davenport. Could it get much better? Well, only if Garth was playing with Alan!

It has been quite nice having a yard for the kids to play in and trying to get the house in order. It will take a long time but I'm hoping that it will be nice enough so Jaren can have his 3rd B-day party. I have sooo much to do and so little time. So, that's why I'm going to end with this blog now and post some pictures and call it good!

2 comments:

TGS said...

OMG! That sling swing terrifies me. I've never been on one and I'm so nervous just thinking about it.

Michelle said...

You did the sling thing??//! My oh my...Too bad Drew and I didn't run into you...it was our anniversary and we decided to go to the fair. (Thanks to Emmiline who watched the kids). Drew won ne this GIANT bear thingy :-). Glad to hear you are loving your neighborhood and making new friends. Also glad to know the walk through went okay...Miss you already!!