Friday, November 28, 2008

Festival of Trees/Polar Express
















Well, let's just say today we had a VERY interesting adventure! Our neighbors invited us to go down to Joliet to see the Festival of Trees and see The Polar Express in the theater. It was going to be just me and the two boys but then when Jake pulled up I felt this overwhelming feeling to ask him to join us. I knew he didn't really want to go LOOK at Christmas trees with 3 ladies and 9 kids but he saw something in my eye and gave in. As we were about to leave I tried to kick him out of the car so he could stay home with Sierra but he knew it would have made me soooo sad to not be with him. So, we drove and drove, and got lost and finally we got there just in time to see the show. It was amazing! It was the most beautiful theater I've ever seen. I recommend it to all! The kids of course didn't sit still and Sierra was like a slithering snake throughout the whole movie but Jake was soooo patient and stayed calm and happy. After the movie we went and looked at the trees which were soooo beautiful. We had NO idea that outside we were going to be barricaded by fences because of a parade so we had to walk a few blocks just to cross the street. NOT COOL! Amy's kids are pretty big and so Jake was carrying 2 and Amy carried 1. I almost broke my back! We managed to get across the street and all of a sudden we were hearing shots and reallly loud shots. Turned out there were fireworks right across the street. We ate at McDonalds and now we are home and NOW!!!! I will post some pictures and that's that!

No comments: