Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Letter 2008

I am feeling so sad that I couldn't get a Christmas letter out to everyone this year. My mind is quite boggled and I am in 50 million places at once. I try very hard to be the "super mom" that I want to be and it just isn't working right now. I've got so many things going on and my priorities aren't where they should be. My kids have been quite neglected and I'm putting my heart with them now. So here is our Christmas letter for 2008. I love all of you that read my blog and I am grateful for the friendship and family who support me everyday. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and an AWESOME New Year.

Merry Christmas from the Stock’s… 2008
As I reflect upon the past year I am grateful for the many blessings we have received. It has been a wonderful year. We are so grateful for the friends and family we have kept in touch with throughout the year.
Sierra celebrated her first birthday in November and a few weeks later has been walking around the house non-stop. She is just as feisty as her mother and loves life! Sierra is such a daddies girl. As soon as he steps in the door she refuses to let go of him. It’s good for Dad but hello…. I’m the mom!!!
Jaren is my little 3 year old “spit fire”. I can’t get enough of that little tiger! He is now in pre-school 5 days a week for just 2 ½ hours. He loves it and is anxious every morning to get onto the bus. He is still into trains, bus’s, cars and just about everything that moves! We are still working with his vocabulary and behavior but that will come in time.
James is still the “animal lover”. He is just the smartest little guy I know. He is now reading, writing his name, things I didn’t know a 4 year old could ever do. He amazes me every day with the new things he comes up with and does. He has an extremely great imagination and loves to pretend to go to Africa on Wild Safari trips with me.
Jake has had a lot of success this year! He finally graduated from Palmer, got a job and is NOW loving life! We were very fortunate to get a job with a wonderful group of people here in Montgomery Il. He works long hours but I can’t complain that he is helping the well being of others. He has always wanted to give back for what was given to him… Tears flowing… I am grateful everyday when he comes home and tells me that he has helped another person and that he is pleased with the work he has done. He also has been called to be a Sunday School teacher in our ward and I think he is thrilled about that.
I am here…. Just trying to keep up with life. Luckily I have made a wonderful friend here in Montgomery and we just love life together! Our kids get along great and we let them run like crazy wolves. It was a friendship meant to be! I love living in our house and feel that we now have something of our own. We haven’t decided how long we are going to be here and are taking things as they go but I’m hoping in the back of my mind that we can leave Il peacefully and quietly… Shhhh… I am anxious to now head towards a nice warm state on the east coast but if you ask me in a few months I’ll tell you differently! I like it here and I am grateful that Jake has a job and that we have been blessed. I do miss my family immensely though! I have recently been called to the Nursery in our ward so I’m hoping that will be fun. Not much else is going on with me. It has been a whole year of happiness, tears, and laughter with this family!
We hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your New Year to come.
Love always,
Jake, Judy, James, Jaren, and Sierra Stock!!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only who didn't print enough cards for everyone! Oh well huh? Great to hear about your life and it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I love the pictures of your kids! Take care and merry christmas Judy!

TGS said...

I hear ya on the christmas card thing. I hand-made all of mine this year and wasn't about to make 60 cards, so family and a few slect friends got a hand-made christmas card this year. I should start in January on next years so I don't have to pick and choose the friends for next christmas!

Brian Owens said...

Merry Christmas, Jude! We all have a year here and there without sending cards, this may be one of mine! :) Still trying though! So glad to have you in my life!