Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas time moments...




Today we had to go to the mall and get Sierra her Christmas dress that I have been procrastinating about forever... When we walked in the first person we saw was Santa Clause and his little helpers taking pictures. James was so excited and couldn't contain himself. He really wanted to go down and talk to him but I told him we didn't have time. I was kind of bummed myself. So we diddle daddled around and got the dress. I ended up finding a different dress at a different store. It should fit her for awhile. So... As we walked past Santa one last time I stopped with James and we just sat and watched him. This is was happend next....
He whispered in my ear and said that Santa is special because he loves me and he is coming to my house just to see if I'm realllly sleeping. I love him Mom. He is sooo nice! Tear jerker!!!!
We took off to the ward Christmas party and the kids were exausted, Jake and I were moody and it just wasn't feeling right. James was hungry and by the time he was going to eat they called the kids into the Primary room to get ready for a play they were doing. Well James didn't want to go but I know that when he got on stage he was the happiest child in the world. He sat so proudly and still through the WHOLE play. I was so proud of him and smiled at him the whole time and gave him thumbs up. I loved that moment as a mother. We sometimes feel like complete failures sometimes but when you see these children so happy and obedient it makes you feel like a million dollars. James I am proud of you and proud of the wonderful son you are. I am NOT however proud that you ripped up all the styrofoam in the back of the car however but WHATEVER.... Dad will clean it up tomorrow! :)