Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hooray for the Heros!!!






Well, I am so excited, happy, fabulous today!!! Let's see,,, we made it to New Hampshire in 21 hours. We left Thursday morning and arrived Friday afternoon. The kids did absolutely great! We stayed in Buffalo New York and roughed it out with the two double beds. Jaren had one bed to himself and I of course had to share with James and Sierra. James enjoyed snuggling Sierra though which was wonderful. We have been so lucky to have wonderful weather here. I have even been able to get some rays on my grandparents lake which I didn't think would be possible because the forcast said rain, rain, rain, all week.
James and I had a great day yesterday. We climbed MORE than half of Mount Monadnock. Yes, James kept climbing and climbing. He just would NOT stop! We saw lots of fun animals like chipmunks, rabbits, bugs, and birds. I can't imagine a 4 year old doing as much as James did and enjoying it as much as he did. We met these fun people from Washington and Newton MA and they helped us get down the mountain. James is such a trusting person and held the girls hand and walked down the mountain with her and played Tarzan with her husband. Annette and Erick followed us to Kimballs for ice cream and Annettes dad actually bought James a chocolate ice cream cone. SOOO nice!!!
We are so excited to celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow. It is my "favorite" day! It is sooo much better than Christmas for me. I just think of all that has happend in this world and thank all the wonderful "HEROS" for all that they have done for us. I especially LOVE the fireworks. And now that Jake is here we can celebrate! WAHOO!!!! Well, off to bed now! =) I can't wait to post some pictures because the pictures of James climbing are AWESOME!

1 comment:

TGS said...

I'll bet you had a wonderful 4th. The east coast tends to really go all out for Independence Day. Good for you guys!