Wednesday, July 23, 2008

pOeM!

I found this poem on one of my friends blogs and I really just need to do this as a mother.
If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.I would do less correcting and more connecting.I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.I'd do more hugging and less tugging.~Diane Loomans (from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again")

5 comments:

Lani said...

:-) I needed it too!

Michelle said...

Awe, thats a great poem! Hope your moving day goes well. Call us if you want some help :-)

TGS said...

I'm glad you posted that. I feel the same way. I posted a comment like your poem recently. Kyt will have more memories of us together rather than a stale freakishly clean house. Thanks for the poem

Dave and Mare said...

That is a great poem I love it!!!

Dave and Mare said...

Thats actually marianne readers